Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Essie Fifth Avenue Swatch and Review

Hey there!

I have another swatch for you today. I was at a loss for what to wear on my nails, so I decided to go with this really pretty red by Essie. Let's get to it!



I love this color! It was super easy to apply, and it's almost a one-coater. Below is this polish at one coat.


This looks pretty good, but it did have some barer spots in person. Below is this polish at two coats.


Not much noticeable difference here, so you can probably get away with one coat. I was surprised at how well this covered in just one coat.


Ah, such a pretty color. I don't have too many Essie polishes, but I do love the quality of this polish when it comes to application... but when I took it off the next day, is another story.

I'm not sure if all Essie polishes are like this, but this one was a bleeder. The acetone on the cotton ball removed the polish without any stains on my nails, but it did stain my skin. You can see below, the faint pink around my cuticles on my pointer and middle fingers, and also near the tips of my nails. This is even after washing my fingers using a nail brush and soap.


This was super annoying, and I had to go through an insane amount of cotton balls to clean up as best I could. I even used a Q-tip to try and get in those small cracks. To try to give you an idea of what I mean by "bleeding," imagine this mess all over my fingers!


I've never had this happen before, so I'm not sure if maybe the amount of acetone on the cotton ball was too great, which made the surface of my nails very liquidy, thus, resulting in running polish getting into the small cracks around my nails. Whatever the case, it's not pretty and it's not fun! Ah, I'm hoping this wears off soon.

Until next time! :) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment